Mental Health Awareness Week 2021...
This week is Mental Health Awareness Week and the theme this year is Nature.
There is a lot of information on the web and here are a couple of links with some information, tips and support:
Perhaps you can have a think of some various ways in which you can connect with nature this week and throughout May.
Some ideas include:
· Drawing/painting a picture.
· Writing a poem.
· Taking a walk
· Sitting in a park or garden
· Observing wherever you are what you see, feel and hear
· Ask yourself, ‘what does nature mean to me’?
· Remember back to fond memories you have of connecting with the natural world
· Consider future memories and connections you’d like to make.
I will finish with a beautiful quote from the American naturalist Henry David Thoreau that after almost 200 years still resonates and remains as true today as the day he voiced it. Similar to Nature itself I guess!
“The question is not what you look at, but what you see.”